Boreham Wood chairman Danny Hunter has said he is ‘publicly committing’ to paying 80 percent of the club’s staff for as long as the COVID-19 pandemic shuts down the football calendar, after which time the other 20 percent will be offered re-employment.

With the Vanarama National League suspended, Wood currently sit 5th in the table, ten points off leaders Barrow with nine games to play. Hunter has released a statement on the ongoing uncertainty, within which he says: “If our community does go into lockdown, I will commit to giving £2,000 personally to Deputy Mayor of the Town Council, Sandra Parnell, and her team, who run our local dementia club at Fairway Hall, to keep them financially ticking over when this pandemic is over.

“If I’m honest, I want my staff, our supporters and our local community to forget football and concentrate only on themselves, on their families, and that means not necessarily waiting for our Government to give us all the answers. I know I’ve learnt that recently and I’m better for it.

“I believe that our local community should trust in each other, trust in our own common sense, while looking after each other and our loved ones. As such, I’m publicly committing to paying not only our players, but 80 percent of my loyal staff for as long as it takes for us to beat this virus, and we will beat it.

“When that has been achieved and we’re up and running, the other 20 percent of my workforce will be offered re-employment.”

Read the full statement: https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/boreham-wood-fc-update-by-chairman-danny-hunter/

Contact Us

Editor: Chris Brookes
t: 0191 442 1001
e: cbrookes@balticpublications.co.uk
HYPoint, Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. NE8 3DA

Get in touch

4 + 8 =

© 2019 Baltic Publications Limited