Charlton Athletic manager Lee Bowyer has said the club never advised transfer target Sorba Thomas to pull out of a recent Boreham Wood game, South London Press report.

The National League side have transfer-listed the 21-year-old, who was the subject of a six-figure bid by the Addicks before last Friday’s deadline.

Wood chairman Danny Hunter rejected it and issued a statement claiming the former West Ham youngster had been ‘advised’ to pull out of their fixture last week ‘to perhaps force through a move’.

But Bowyer says that had absolutely nothing to do with the Addicks.

Read more: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/we-did-nothing-wrong-charlton-boss-bowyer-on-bid-for-boreham-wood-attacker-confirms-one-more-signing-could-be-done/

Contact Us

Editor: Chris Brookes
t: 0191 442 1001
e: cbrookes@balticpublications.co.uk
HYPoint, Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. NE8 3DA

Get in touch

5 + 15 =

© 2019 Baltic Publications Limited