By Scott Lanza

ESL Premier Division

Barkingside 2 Leyton Athletic 2

Side fought back from two goals down to earn a point against Leyton Athletic in the big bottom two clash at the weekend.  Rujorn Tuitt pounced on a defensive mix up to put the visitors ahead in the 20th minute before they doubled their lead in the 34th minute when Abdul Bangura lashed home.  A pivotal moment came just before the break when the visitors saw Tuitt miss from the spot to give his side a three-goal lead, and moments later Joe Oates rifled Side back into the contest.  The hosts then levelled the contest up through Harry Matthews close range finish just past the hour mark, but neither side could find a winner so the points were shared.

Hoddesdon Town 1 Saffron Walden Town 3

Walden came from behind to defeat Hoddesdon Town at Lowfield, Kane Lowe had given the hosts a thirteenth minute lead but Lewis Francis levelled up the contest eight minutes into the second period.  Charlie Portway then gave the visitors the lead twenty minutes into the second half before Matt Frew netted a first goal for his new club midway through the half to seal their win.

Hullbridge Sports 1 Redbridge 2

A new-look Motormen took all three points after defeating Hullbridge Sports at Lower Road.  Dan Gilchrist put the visitors ahead just before the half hour mark before Connor Okus doubled their lead four minutes later.  And despite Adebola Sotoyinbo’s penalty reducing the arrears six minutes before half-time the visitors took the win and the points.

Sawbridgeworth Town 2 Sporting Bengal United 1

A Joe Wright brace handed The Robins all three points at home to Sporting Bengal United at Crofters.  Wright put the hosts ahead after just two minutes but then saw Charles Gregory level for the visitors from the spot after twenty minutes.  But Wright struck what proved to be the winner ten minutes before half time to make sure his side took all the spoils in this one.

Stansted 4 Clapton 2

League leaders Stansted increased their lead to three points after they saw James Peagram net all four of their goals in a win over Clapton at Hargrave Park.  Peagram netted from the spot in the 17th minute to give the hosts the lead, before another Peagram penalty two minutes later had them two goals to the good.  And a third penalty from the home striker completed his hat-trick and saw the Airportmen go into the break three goals ahead.  Giovanni Palmer pulled one back for the Tons after an hour before James Falaise netted a second for the visitors three minutes later, but Peagram netted his and Stansted’s fourth just almost immediately after to restore their two goal lead, and took them to all three points in the process.

Stanway Rovers 1 Enfield 2

A Reece Barrett double helped Enfield to victory over Stanway Rovers at The Hawthorns, Barrett netted from the spot two minutes into the second period before Jay Nash levelled for the hosts in the 63rd minute.  But Barrett then converted another penalty for the visitors in the 66th minute and that was enough for them to take all the points in this one.

Takeley 2 Woodford Town 2

A late Jayden Thompson-Brissett goal saw visitors Woodford Town grab a share of the spoils at Station Road and denied hosts Takeley an important win.  Ben Smith put the hosts ahead in the 17th minute but Vlad Sighiartau levelled just past the hour mark.  Charlie Cole netted on his return to the home side’s squad with ten minutes to go but it wasn’t enough as Thompson-Brissett levelled with two minutes left to deny the hosts the win.

Tower Hamlets 1 St Margaretsbury 2

St Margaretsbury took all three points after they saw off nine-man Hamlets at Mile End.  Charncey Dash put the visitors ahead but a nice finish from Ezekiel Kamara saw the hosts go into the break all square.  But a second half own goal gifted the visitors the win and cemented their place in the top ten of the division.

Walthamstow 1 Ilford 2

The Foxes grabbed a surprise win over Walthamstow at Kitchener Road, Collins Atubrah gave them a third minute lead before Ajodeji Adeneran doubled their advantage with thirteen minutes left, and although Dwade James pulled one back from the spot two minutes later, the visitors held on for all the spoils and a morale boosting win.

West Essex 1 Southend Manor 1

The spoils were shared at Mayesbrook Park as West Essex and Southend Manor played out a score draw.  Yasseir Nazor gave the visitors an 18th minute lead, only to see Michael Mignot level for the hosts midway through the second period.  Manor drop back into the bottom three as a result.

Contact Us

Editor: Chris Brookes
t: 0191 442 1001
HYPoint, Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. NE8 3DA

Get in touch

7 + 13 =

© 2021 Baltic Publications Limited