By Scott Lanza


Redbridge 2 Clapton 7

Redbridge opened the latest round of fixtures with a Friday night encounter against Clapton – but for the Motormen it will be a night to forget as they shipped seven goals to an improving Clapton side that have now won five on the bounce. Deimar Queni, Jaydon Charles and Nana Boakye-Yiadom all bagged braces with Asher Modeste supplying the other Clapton goal. Redbridge replied with two goals in quick succession as Hassan Nalbant’s 88th minute goal was added to a minute later by a Charlie Portway strike. However by then the hosts were 7-0 down and all the goals did was maybe save a little embarrassment. The result sees Clapton now up to 11th and swimming every further away from relegation waters. As for Redbridge they are 8th after this result.



Hashtag United 2 Takeley 2

Hashtag United were able to salvage a point thanks to a last minute equaliser from Thomas Anderson. The visitors had been handed the lead via an own goal in the 15th minute, but Kris Newby levelled up four minutes into the second half. But Takeley went ahead again in the 55th minute with Reece Barrett the scorer. However the title-chasers then got back on terms with a last-ditch Anderson goal that levelled the game and sees the Tags now four points behind leaders Saffron Walden Town. Takeley remain in 5th.


Sawbridgeworth Town 0 Enfield 1

The Robins are flying deep into relegation trouble after they lost their relegation six-pointer with Enfield. The game was won by a 90th minute Prince Adeyemi goal which means that Sawbridgeworth remain bottom, while Enfield remain 18th themselves but are not cut adrift from the teams above them.


Southend Manor 1 Hoddesdon Town 0

Manor picked up another welcome win as they beat Hoddesdon Town by a solitary goal. Ruben Kennedy provided it in the 83rd minute, while Josh Harrison kept a clean sheet at the other end, meaning that their team is now 16th and moving away from the drop zone. Hoddesdon end the day in 9th.


Stansted 3 West Essex 2

Stansted have now won ten league games in a row and they got down to business straight away on Saturday as they were in the lead within one minute of the game. Ryan Ramsey provided the early goal, but Izzy Ogedi-Uzokwe fired West Essex level in the 12th minute. Twenty minutes from time and the hosts were back in the lead, then extended that lead in the 87th minute: Paul Clayton the scorer on both occasions. Hakim Medfai notched a further West Essex goal in the final minute of the contest but it was Stansted that took all the points and end the day in 6th position, while West Essex are now 10th.


Tower Hamlets 0 Sporting Bengal United 2

Sporting Bengal came through their East London derby with the full quota of points thanks to goals from Curtley McIntosh and Bobby Redwood. The 2-0 victory means that Bengal have completed a double over their Mile End rivals this season, with the three points garnered moving them up to 12th. Tower Hamlets meanwhile drop down to 17th.


Errington Challenge Cup Quarter Final

Walthamstow 0 Cockfosters 2

Cockfosters were re-instated into the Errington Challenge Cup at the expense of Saffron Walden Town and have now put paid to Walthamstow’s interest in the competition after a 2-0 win at Wadham Lodge. Ceykan Karagozlu opened the account in the 20th minute and Harley Haag then closed the show in the 40th minute. Bradley Robinson and his defence kept a clean sheet as they managed to silence Stow’s frontline and they now move into the Semi Finals where they will meet either Hashtag United or West Essex.


Peter Butcher Memorial Trophy 1st Round

Waltham Abbey Res. 1 Hullbridge Sports Res. 1 (Waltham Abbey win 3-2 Pens)

Penalties were needed to decide a winner in this tie after the game finished 1-1 in normal time. Aaron Williams-Bushell scored the Waltham Abbey goal, with Gianni Frankis supplying the Hullbridge goal. Then Waltham Abbey held their nerve in the penalty shooutout, going on to win the game 3-2 on penalties and setting up an away tie with Takeley Res. in the next round.