Gosport’s first goal in six games was the small highlight of a disappointing result as Chesham United netted five in reply.

Chesham played a ‘ pressure’ match, forced Gosport onto the back foot.Chesham United kicked off the Tuesday night fixture under the lights at Privett Park and within three minutes Lewis Toomey had the first chance of the game when his effort was deflected wide.

Within 25 minutes the hosts found themselves a goal down as David Hutton found the back of the net, as the Gosport defence failed to pick up their man.

Minutes later and Shami found himself with the ball in the box once again. He pulled back a pass to Toomey who as left with an easy slot into the net to double United’s advantage.
Gosport’s early signs of confidence seemed to had vanished very quickly with Chesham running the show.

Borough’s first chance of the game came after 35 minutes in with Alfie Lis let fire a shot fly from thirty yards out but the effort was well saved by the United ‘keeper. A great individual effort but no real conviction shown from Gosport’s attack.

The second half began and it’s was evident that the Gosport players wanted to turn this around. Alex Pike’s half time speech kicking in perhaps?

Three minutes into the half, Pat Suraci swung a corner into the box and Craig McAlister popped up to head Borough’s first goal in six games. A typical McAlister goal – out strengthening the opposition following up with a powerful header.

Just before the hour mark, Chesham were awarded a penalty which was tucked away by Jeferson Louis.

The game became heated after the penalty decision; emotions were high in the Boro’ camp with the referee having to speak to various players. Emotions aside Gosport refused to let the game get away from them with hard tackles being thrown in left right and center.

Lewis Toomey saw his cross in from left hand side hit the bar in the 65th minute but four minutes later, Chesham’s pressure prevailed when Jeferson Louis put Toomey through on goal for his second goal of the game.

With nine minutes left, Chesham added their fifth as Jhai Dillon made his way into the box and slots the sixth goal of the game into the net.

With all momentum now lost for Gosport, it got much worse with Joel Jackson going down in the 89th and limping off the pitch and leaving Gosport with ten men to finish the game.

Source Gosport Borough FC

Follow us on Twitter

Contact Us

Editor: Chris Brookes
t: 0191 442 1001
e: cbrookes@balticpublications.co.uk
HYPoint, Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. NE8 3DA

Get in touch

2 + 9 =

© 2021 Baltic Publications Limited