Paul Cox has confirmed that Guiseley have brought forward their decision to go full-time to give themselves the best chance of achieving their goals this term.
Plans to start operating on a full-time basis had been under consideration for several months, with it being a case of when and not if Guiseley would end their part-time status.
Following discussions, that decision has now been made, with several players having already assumed full-time status. Cox, whose side are in the bottom four of the National League and have won just once in the league this term, said:
“We started (full-time) on Monday. Obviously, we have not got the full quota who have gone full-time at the minute.
“We have done it so we give everyone the best possible chance to want to go forward, which is key. In employment law, I could probably have given them four weeks’ notice and told everyone we were going to be changing working hours.”
Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk