Whitehawk president Chris Gargan is looking to appoint someone to take the Hawks up the table after Paul Reid was dismissed from his managerial duties by mutual consent.

The Hawks’ league form continued to slump after making it ten games without a win as Weston-super-Mare left the Enclosed Ground with all three points on Saturday.

That proved to be the last game in charge for Reid, who will continue playing for the Enclosed Ground outfit.Whitehawk F.C. logo

Gargan is hopeful of having someone in place for training on Thursday night ahead of the trip to play-off chasing Dartford next weekend.

“We are looking for someone to come into this part-time club as a full-time manager,” said Gargan following relieving Reid of his managerial duties.

“Something had to change, and unfortunately for Paul I believe we need a new face to steer us away from the predicament we find ourselves in.

“Our fortunes changed for the better at Dartford last season, so let’s hope we can get someone new in by then and they can work their magic.”

With the news that Ross Flitney has left the club, Tom Stewart returned in goal after his head injury against Dulwich Hamlet, whilst Reid came into defence in place of Chris M’Boungou as the Hawks made two changes from the defeat at Hungerford last Monday night.

In what proved to be an uneventful match, the Seagulls had a half-chance early on when Gethyn Hill saw an effort saved by Tom Stewart.

Danny Mills was then unlucky not to get on the end of a great cross from Mike West, only for Chris Barker to turn the ball away before the striker could get a shot away.

The hosts were then given a huge let off when Bradley Ash burst through on goal, but one on one with Tom Stewart blazed over the top.

However, Weston went on to break the deadlock twenty minutes from time. After an almighty scramble in the area, the Hawks failed to get the ball away and Ash turned the loose ball past Stewart.

It proved to be a frustrating afternoon for the Hawks, who only mustered three shots in the entirety of the game.
Substitute Kevin Lisbie headed wide a cross from Lucas Rodrigues as the Hawks looked to find a way back into the game, only for their troubles to deepen eight minutes from time when Scott Bartlett’s side doubled their lead. Dayle Grubb beat Marvin Hamilton too easily before firing past the helpless Stewart.

The home crowd did have something to cheer about late on, with Brian Howard having the Hawks’ sole effort on target in stoppage time.

Gargan added: “We are looking for a serious candidate to come in and take the club forward.

“Results have been poor for the last few months.

“We haven’t won in the league since the end of October, and despite his best efforts Paul (Reid) couldn’t turn the club’s fortunes around.

“The managerial situation has been tough this season, with people coming and going, and it is key that we get this appointment right.

“We want to give the club stability, and that could only happen if we bring in the right man.”

Alan Payne will lead Tuesday night’s training session before the club hope to announce a new manager this week.

Source: www.whitehawkfc.com

Follow us on Twitter

Contact Us

Editor: Chris Brookes
t: 0191 442 1001
e: cbrookes@balticpublications.co.uk
HYPoint, Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. NE8 3DA

Get in touch

12 + 11 =

© 2021 Baltic Publications Limited