The Hellenic League have confirmed that there will be no midweek fixtures played before the New Year.
The only exception will be on 28th December, with 2pm kick-offs.
The league have released a statement over season restart plans, which explains:
It is evident a lot of clubs are not ready to return to playing too many fixtures prior to the holiday period and there are a great many concerns about finance. The league executive met to review the current situation, taking into account your feedback, and as a result, have made the following decisions:
· All Leagues – Premier, Division One & Division Two – will start on 12th December 2020 as previously advised
· However, no fixtures will be scheduled for Boxing Day and these have been withdrawn from Full-Time and no midweek fixtures will be played before the New Year (except on 28th December with 1400hrs kick-offs)
· Fixtures will only be played on 12th, 19th, 28th December prior to New Year & then a full programme will be scheduled for 2nd January 2021
· Clubs in Tier 3 will be suspended from playing unless matches can be scheduled with each other and this will be part of a constant review
· ALL matches will kick-off at 1400hrs thus negating the need for floodlights with a view to saving costs
· Division Two & Vets matches could be affected by further announcements about the Return to Grassroots Football due from County FAs – expected this week
· Hellenic League Cup competition matches will be suspended until it is possible to fixture