Vanarama National League club Leyton Orient will be back in Court on Monday as a judge considers issues surrounding their financial welfare.
The troubled London club will take part in a hearing at a Bankruptcy and Companies Court in London, amidst moves to have the club wound up.
Registrar Sally Barber is set to oversee the proceedings.
An events management firm are claiming that they are owed £18,000 by Orient.
At another hearing in March, an application to have the club wound up was adjourned by Registrar Nicholas Briggs, after he was told of plans to inject £1 million into the club.
The move is the latest blow to Leyton Orient, after millionaire businessmen Alan Bowers set them a deadline of last Tuesday to accept his takeover bid.
That deadline came and went, as did Bowers’ offer to buy the club from controversial owner Francesco Becchetti.
The Italian bought the club from Barry Hearn for £4m in July 2014.
Since then the club have been relegated from League One and suffered a further relegation as they finished bottom of League Two last season.
At March’s hearing, Becchetti was given until today to pay off the club’s debts and sell Orient to a new owner.
At the time Adam Michaelson, legal adviser to the Leyton Orient Fans’ Trust, said “It leaves the club in a state of significant uncertainty and frankly mortal danger.
“In respect of a potential sale, we would call upon Mr Becchetti now to look to sell the club at the earliest possible opportunity and make good on the promise that he’s made.”
The fans trust continue to fundraise, as they look to play a part in helping the regeneration of their club, or by funding the foundation of a phoenix club if Orient are liquidated.
Leyton Orient will play non-league football for the first time in 112 years this season, if their future can be secured over the coming days.
Article: Mark Carruthers (@marknldaily)
Image: Reuters Media