Like most people inside the Kuflink Stadium, striker Alex Reid felt the minority overruled the majority in refusing Ebbsfleet a penalty – but the minority were the only ones who mattered in the end.

“I think probably 99% of the stadium and on the pitch thought it was a penalty,” Reid told BBC Radio Kent’s Charles Webster. “But the other 1% was the linesman and referee didn’t agree. To us, we think that should have been a penalty but we need them decisions to go for us and they haven’t today.”

Reid opened his account for the club seven minutes before half-time, having previously found the net at this level on loan for Wrexham, Solihull Moors and AFC Fylde.

“It came down the right wing, Westy’s given their full-back a torrid time and Lawrie slipped it to Bally,” Reid said of his goal. “He rapped it across the box and I was just in the right place at the right time.

“It’s always nice to get on the scoresheet and try hard for the team and try to get a win. It feels like a little bit of a loss just because of the amount of chances we had. But hopefully I’ll score goals, win games and help us get up that table.”

Read more: https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/undone-by-the-1-says-scorer-reid/

Contact Us

Editor: Chris Brookes
t: 0191 442 1001
e: cbrookes@balticpublications.co.uk
HYPoint, Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. NE8 3DA

Get in touch

5 + 10 =

© 2021 Baltic Publications Limited