Corby Town have announced that tickets are now on sale for their Non-League Challenge match against a team of Premier League legends.

The likes of Sol Campbell, Chris Waddle, Chris Sutton and Eidur Gudjohnsen will face the Steelmen on Sunday 30th July.

Former Leeds United and Republic of Ireland left back Ian Harte and Bolton Wanderers legend Kevin Davies were the latest two names to be added to a star-studded Legends squad for the game.

The Evo-Stik Northern Premier League club won a competition to host the second annual MarathonBet Non-League Challenge fixture.

Steelmen star Jason Lee celebrated a goal against Mickleover Sports last season by taking a drink of a supporter’s pint of cider and that was enough to win a vote to find the best celebration in non-league.

Tickets will be priced at £10 for adults, £5 for OAP’s and under 16s and £2 for under-5s.

The Steelman keep 90 per cent of the gate receipts with the other 10 per cent going to Marathonbet’s chosen charity Prostate Cancer UK.

Tickets are on sale from Corby Town’s Steel Park home and they are available online by emailing

Tickets booked through email will incur an extra £2 charge per order for postage and packaging.

Wealdstone won the first MarathonBet Non-League Challenge last season and hosted a Premier League legends side containing the likes of Lauren, Dion Dublin and Trevor Sinclair.

For more information on the Marathonbet Non-League challenge go to

Article: Mark Carruthers (@marknldaily)
Images: Reuters Media

Follow us on Twitter

Contact Us

Editor: Chris Brookes
t: 0191 442 1001
HYPoint, Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. NE8 3DA

Get in touch

2 + 12 =

© 2021 Baltic Publications Limited