Pompey in the Community is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated coach to work in our Sports and Coaching department.
The key role of the Community Coach is to provide quality coaching on football sessions, to lead the development of new sessions to target new participation, develop new partnerships and raise the profile of football.
How to apply: Please send CV and cover letter addressed to Clare Martin.
Please email to email@example.com or post to:
Clare Martin, CEO, Pompey in the Community, Anson Road, Portsmouth, PO4 8TB
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks
JOB DESCRIPTION: Community Development Coach
Salary Commensurate with experience and qualifications
You will be required to work outside of normal office hours; at evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
The role will also include working home match days, as required.
Responsible To: Head of Sports and Coaching
This post is full time fixed term for 12 months form the post holder’s start date with a view to this being extended if objectives are met.
Overall purpose of the Job
To provide high quality coaching sessions in a supportive environment for youngsters to develop their skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible and accountable for:
• Delivering coaching sessions in school settings – these may include breakfast clubs, lesson time delivery, lunchtime clubs, after school clubs as well as skills and development centres in the evenings or Saturday mornings and during school holidays.
• Working with less experienced coaches and apprentices to and support their professional development
• Booking meetings to generate business
• Distributing leaflets, fliers etc
• Adhering to PITC’s Safeguarding Children, Health & Safety, and Equal Opportunities and all other policies at all times.
• Making sure that your DBS check, Safeguarding Children, First Aid and any coaching certificates are kept up to date.
• Willing to contribute to your own Professional Development by attending organised courses and finding your own courses where appropriate.
• Ensuring that all registers are properly maintained and returned promptly.
• Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other relevant agencies and individuals.
• Monitoring budgets for projects running in your area.
• Continual liaising with other managers within PITC to ensure consistency throughout the organisation.
• Assisting where necessary with organising annual tour for development groups either abroad or within the UK.
• Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Trustees.
To represent Pompey in the Community and Portsmouth Community Football Club in a professional manner at all times, regarding to uniform, presentation, personal hygiene, attitude, conduct and professionalism. To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires including evenings, weekends and all home match days
PERSON SPECIFICATION DESCRIPTION
FA Level 2 Coaching Football Award (Must be the NGB level 2 award)
FA Youth Module 1 (or a willingness to achieve)
In date Safeguarding certificate (or willingness to update asap)
In date First Aid certificate (or willingness to update asap)
Current FA Coaching licence (or willingness to undergo necessary CPD)
Full UK Driving Licence Car owner and willingness to use own vehicle for work
Multi Skills Level 2
The FA UEFA B Licence
FA Youth module 2 and 3 Other level 1 and 2 sport/activity based qualifications
Experience of coaching football to young people. Experience of coaching/working with young footballers.
Experience of promoting and recruiting targeted participants onto activities
Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes.
Activity planning, project management and session management.
A proven track record of successful project implementation and administration.
A proven track record of working with external partners.
A proven ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative.
Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills.
Proven planning and organisational skills.
Attitude to always strive to overachieve and continuously develop the programme and organisation.
Knowledge of the FA and Football League Trusts Football Development programme and its strategic aims.
Experience of writing reports and coordinating a monitoring and evaluation system.
Working within a professional football club environment.
An understanding of the issues faced by young footballers.
Knowledge of Portsmouth and its surrounding areas.
Confident and outgoing personality used to motivate participants.
Experience of recruiting and working with volunteers and casual coaches.
Practical experience of managing information operating systems including monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance frameworks.
Experience of social network mechanisms including websites.
Experience of health and safety and/or welfare and safeguarding policies and procedures.
Experience of working with commercial partners and securing sponsorship and support for charitable activities.
Understanding of the VIEWS system.
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a full enhanced CRB check. All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required.
Portsmouth in the Community is an equal opportunities employer.
Excellent attention to detail. Commitment to undergo regular CPD
Competent with the use of IT and IT based systems.
• To comply with the requirements of the staff handbook.
• To cooperate with measures introduced to ensure there is equality of opportunity in employment and sports equity.
• To comply with all aspects of Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements.
• Work with commercial and Marketing Manager to install an on-going marketing campaign to publicise project to participants and promote to local media.
• Assist the Chief Executive and Management Team in providing regular reports for the Trustees’ Management Committee meetings
• Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Trustees