Boss Matty Holmes vowed not to panic buy after Wimborne Town’s promotion to step three had finally been rubber-stamped.
The Cuthbury club will feature in the newly-formed Southern League South next season after Shaw Lane’s withdrawal from the Northern League Premier Division had a knock-on effect around the country.
Appeals from Banbury United, Hednesford Town and Fleet Town over the league allocation were rejected at an FA hearing on Monday, meaning Magpies were given the green light to make the step up.
While he admitted he had been “seriously looking” for two new faces ahead of the new campaign, Holmes insisted any recruits had to be the right fit.
He told the Daily Echo: “It’s a difficult situation – a nice one to be in with going up. Now it has been confirmed, we have to take it on the chin and get on with it.
“All along I said I wanted to stick with the players who got us up, so it’s not a matter of trying to get in a load of new players to tackle a harder division.
“But I am aware I do need two bodies in, which we are seriously looking for.
“People and players now know we are in Southern League South, which takes you on to a new level in terms of recruitment.”
Read more: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk